Friday, August 14, 2009

Because it Feels Good!

These past couple of weeks I've had this different feeling. I've finally made peace with things I'd been holding on to from my past, been really clear about what I want and where I'm headed and have spent some real good time alone and it feels good!

Sometimes I don't think people take the time to check-in with themselves in the moment and realize that they are in a good place. We often spend so much time stressing, with sporadic moments of feeling good that we can't even identify when we're in that good place. If you want more moments of feeling good, you have to notice it when you're in it.

There are quite a few things in my life that make me feel good; a glass of wine on a stressful day, the feeling after a good workout, being with my girls, honoring the commitments I've made to myself and sticking with them, putting in Dwele b/c it's feel good music, waking up on Saturday mornings with nowhere that I "have" to be, being around my family, etc...So my prescription is to include as much of these things as often as possible in my life.

Distractions
It's so easy for something or someone to take you out of your happy place! There are so many things to filter through every day. People cross our paths and we questions their intentions, situations happen that stress us out and we dwell on them for days. I say, let it go! Guess what? when this happens you have a choice....you can go back to your happy place or you can sit on it and let it fester. Really settle into what it feels like to feel good, what is your head telling you in that moment? where is your heart? who are you surrounded by or spending your time with? what did you do this week that contributed to where you are in this moment? once you identify the things that got you to that place, make them a staple in your life!

We all have bad days, it's somewhat disturbing when I sign onto Facebook and see the overwhelming amount of stressful posts people have. They far outnumber the positive ones. I will be the first to admit that I've been guilty of it as well. It's ok to acknowledge not being in a good place, but why put that out there, focus on how to get to a better place for the rest of the day. I've heard sayings that "there is power in the tongue", when you speak something, there is power in putting that out there. So if you're giving energy to having a bad day, guess what the rest of your day will be like? If you wake up in the morning and say this is going to be a great day, look at where that energy is being placed?

Life happens...shit happens...and then what? I am far from where I am meant to be, but what I am certain of is what makes me feel good. And at this point in my life I'm smart enough to identify the things that make me meel good AND are good for me at the same time. I've started writing again, because it feels good, I am at work right now, b/c it feels good to have a job, I am committed to only feeling good, even during the times when it seems impossible.

1 comment:

  1. Well.. I'm at work right now b/c I'm still waiting on my housewife application to be approved...

    ReplyDelete