Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stuck

The Pursuit of Happiness for me has a strong correlation with my career, or lack there of. I've worked hard over the past 7 years, capitalizing on my strengths and carving out what I guess is supposed to be considered a career. What is a career? A job that you specialize in and build your professional life around? All that's cool, but what I find lacking is the passion and purpose. Is there a such thing as having a career that you're passionate about, that you wake up in the morning and you can't wait to get to, that offers you just as many challenges and triumphs? That gives you some purpose...well not just professionally, but in life. I always say the best job/career is one where you never feel like you're at work. Imagine the times in your life where you were the happiest, where you felt like you were learning something and were challenged, where you were apart of establishing or contributing to its growth...what were you doing?

That's how I believe we get to our Passion/Purpose filled careers. I can't imagine living the rest of my life not loving what I do everyday. Most of us spend over 2000 hours a year working....with all of this time in your life spent working, you have to be happy!

We either has to find passion in what we're doing or do something we are passionate about. We are all where we are because God has led us there, make sense of that and move forward accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment